Product User Agreement
Burton Enterprises, Inc. Product User Agreement (the “Agreement”) contains the terms and conditions which apply to your purchase and/or use of any of the products that you order from Burton Enterprises, Inc. including but not limited to, DVDs, audio CDs, packages, instructional materials, and downloads, (collectively, the “Products”). By ordering and using any Products, you are agreeing to be legally bound by the Agreement. If you do not agree with the terms and conditions of the Agreement, please do not purchase any of the Products offered by Burton Enterprises, Inc. These terms may be updated from time to time without notice to you. You should review the RebuildingAfter.com website periodically for changes to these terms.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. The information presented on the Products is educational in nature and is provided only as general information and is not medical or psychological advice. You agree to follow the instructions and advice as provided in the Products. It is preferable that you use the Products at a time and in a place where you will not be disturbed and you can focus on the material.
2. By using the Products you will be learning about and using an innovative, non-medical/non-psychological technique identified as the Pondera Process® (the “Technique”) developed by Larry Burton as a self-help tool. The Technique looks at and seeks to address imbalances within the person’s energy system, as well as the energetic influence of thoughts, beliefs, memories, and emotions on the body. The prevailing premise of the Technique is that distressing emotions are the result of a disruption in the body’s energy system. It is believed that the Technique helps clear these disruptions, thereby restoring the flow and balance of the body’s electromagnetic and more subtle energies which are important for physical, spiritual, and emotional health, and for fostering well-being. You understand the Products are designed solely for your own personal, non-commercial home use as educational self-help tools to help manage the impact of distressing emotions that may limit your peace of mind.
3. Although the Technique appears to have promising mental, emotional, spiritual, and physical health benefits, it has yet to be fully researched by the Western academic, medical, and psychological communities and therefore, is considered experimental. The Technique is self-regulated and it’s considered to be alternative or complementary to the healing arts that are licensed in the United States. Due to the experimental nature of the Technique and because it is a relatively new healing approach and the extent of its effectiveness, as well as its risks and benefits are not fully known, you agree to assume and accept full responsibility for any and all risks associated with purchasing and using the Products.
4. You understand that purchasing and using the Products does not create a client-coach or any other type of professional relationship between you and Burton Enterprises, Inc. and should not be relied upon as medical, psychological, coaching, or other professional advice of any kind or nature whatsoever. While Larry Burton, creator of the Technique, has extensive experience as alternative healing arts practitioner and coach, he is not a psychologist, physician, or other licensed professional health care provider.
5. Any information presented on the Products about the Technique is not intended to represent that the Technique is used to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent any medical problem or psychological disorder nor is the Technique intended as a substitute for seeking professional health care advice. In addition, you understand using the Products is not to be considered a recommendation that you stop seeing any of your health care professionals or using prescribed medication, if any, without consulting with your health care professional, even if after using the Products it appears and indicates that such medication or treatment is unnecessary. Burton Enterprises, Inc. strongly advise that you seek professional advice as appropriate before making any health decision, including using the Technique.
6. Although people report having positive experiences with the Technique, please be advised it’s possible to experience emotional distress or physical discomfort which could be perceived as negative side effects. It’s also possible to experience some emotional distress and/or physical discomfort related to stressful or traumatic experiences you may have had earlier in your life. If you inadvertently experience any emotional distress or physical discomfort using the Technique, you are advised to stop and to seek professional care, if appropriate.
7. You acknowledge Burton Enterprises, Inc. owns all right, title, and interest, in and to the Products, including intellectual property rights, and the copyrights therein. Except as expressly authorized, you may not copy, download, adapt, alter, reproduce, modify, retransmit, rent, lease, loan, sell, publish, distribute, disseminate, broadcast, communicate or make available to the public the Products, in whole or in part, or create derivative works of the Products. The Pondera Process is a registered trademark of Burton Enterprises, Inc. and may only be used with written permission from Burton Enterprises, Inc.
8. THE PRODUCTS ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Therefore, by purchasing the Products and using the Technique, you understand Burton Enterprises, Inc. makes no warranty, guarantee, or prediction regarding any outcome for you for any particular purpose or issue. Further, you agree and understand that Burton Enterprises, Inc. accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever for the use or misuse of the Products.
9. You represent that you are competent and able to understand the nature and consequences of using the Products and that you are an adult under the laws of the state of your residence. If you are a parent or legal guardian agreeing to this Agreement for the benefit of a minor, be advised that you are fully responsible for said minor’s use of the Products, including all financial charges and legal liability that said minor may incur.
10. You agree and understand the Agreement is intended to be a complete unconditional release of liability and assumption of risk to the greatest extent permitted by law and that if any portion hereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance of the Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. This Agreement sets forth the sole and entire understanding of the parties hereto relating to the subject matter hereof. Any and all matters in dispute between the parties to this Agreement, whether arising from or relating to the Agreement itself, or arising from alleged extra-contractual facts prior to, during, or subsequent to the Agreement, including, without limitation, fraud, misrepresentation, negligence or any other alleged tort or violation of the contract, shall be governed by, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of State of California, without regard to conflicts of law doctrines and regardless of the legal theory upon which such matter is asserted.
11. By purchasing the Products and using the Technique you knowingly, voluntarily, and intelligently assume all risks, including any adverse outcome that might result from your use of the Products. You agree to forever fully release, indemnify, and hold harmless, Burton Enterprises, Inc., its owners, officers, directors, employees, representative, agents, consultants and others associated with Burton Enterprises, Inc. from any and all claims or liability of whatsoever kind or nature, and for any damage or injury, including but not limited to, personal, financial, physical, emotional, psychological or otherwise, which you might incur arising at any time out of or in relation to your use of the Products.
The Pondera Process is a registered trademark of Burton Enterprises, Inc. and may only be used with permission from Burton Enterprises, Inc.
© 2015 Midge Murphy, all rights reserved. Any unauthorized use of this Product User by any parties other than Burton Enterprises, Inc. is prohibited by federal law. Midge@MidgeMurphy.com